Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Project: Drawing birds in trees

So, I spent Thanksgiving in Northern Ontario (the best place in the WORLD to be in the fall). The trees were stunning, so I went shutter happy with my sort'a new SLR. I spent lots of time stalking the local winged wildlife, and it inspired a project. I call it "Project: Drawing Birds in Trees".....very inventive, I know. Anyway, Here are some of my photos with birds I drew in black ink, then scanned and painted digitaly. Next I think I'll do some Deer....and maybe a Black Bear or two (not that I really saw any of those). I LOVE CANADAAAAAAaaaaa!

  


11 comments:

Bill Ferguson said...

Those are some cool birds!

Lindsay said...

these birds made me laugh out loud... you're so bloody brilliant. (no, you don't know me but yes, i consistently look at your blog because you're a breath of fresh air.)

Jennifer Hager said...

haha, these birds are cracking me up!

mauricio salmon said...

wow great idea and great looking birds. those pictures are nice too, those fall colors are gorgeous. i know central park is nothing like where you went but at least i'll be getting a small taste of fall.something i never saw in the fall.

Matt O'Connell said...

I love birds!! Well Done!

Andrea said...

i love those bird drawings! they look great on the photos. autumn is beautiful here in Vancouver too but it can be kinda rainy...

Skid said...

They creep me out in the same way that Alfred Hitchcock's birds freak me out. But! I love them because they are creepy and neat!

Ronan McDermott said...

These are nice. I really like the second one, it works really well.

Andrew Shek said...

these are really nice photos..and birds too

Richard Gaines said...

Your birds are so flawless!! This looks like it's out of some animation/live-action show.

Kt Shy said...

These are really amazing!
...
That damn bluejay's giving me nightmares...