Monday, November 11, 2013

Ink School

A very badass belated birthday gift was bestowed upon me this evening. A brand new ink brush, and a lesson in inking from theeeeeeee Ken Mitchroney & John Sanford! You guys!! YA! Thank you.
Here are the sketches that resulted from lesson #1.
All the side notes are things Ken instructed me with while we all drew together. WOW.
I started with pencil sketches, and then........INKED. yeeeeHawwwww.
Can't wait to get back to some more practice. Had a LOT of fun with this.
(using a brand new Windsor Newton ~ Series 7 #2 brush) Thanks, John!!

Moving forward, I'd like to work on getting better weight in my line and nicer volume in my drawings overall. Practice practice practice! 






2 comments:

Katie Orcutt said...

Love your work, Elaine! What kind of ink brush and paper do you like to use?

Eel Bog said...

Hi Katie!
For now, I'm sticking' with a Windsor Newton #2, 7 series brush, and I've been doing all my practice roughs on regular ol' computer paper haha! It gets me by. If I decide to do anything fancy I use a hot pressed watercolor paper.....but only for the fancy stuff :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!